Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Danced in Translation

What a crazy week this has been and the arrivals keep on coming while more have been scheduled for August.
I’m starting to feel like an international airport or some sort of gateway 
But no complaints, it’s all good and I’m having a really good time with my friends. It’s interesting to see people from different countries and languages crossing any language barrier and actually achieving to communicate flawlessly with eachother. In fact, this was made possible with the use of what I call: an international “pot pourri” language, which is a mixture of several languages with English being the key player. All it takes is a little effort (and a lot of will) and the result is fascinating.
There were times of course where sign language or better said “body language” came in handy as some words were quite difficult to translate on their own.
An excellent example of such a challenging word would be the castanets, cymbals, castañuelas, castagnettes or klaketes. Just a little bit of flamenco and the translation is instantly given!

3 Comments:

ancient clown said...

Consider for a moment perspective. Quantum physics takes into account the observer...but not HOW he observes.
Consider "Compassionate Observations" VS "Empathic Observations".
Consider this an exercise in frutility or an expansion of the mind?
Consider these the ramblings of a madman or the hints of a genius?
"I don't think I know...I just know I'm thinking."
your humble servant,
Ancient Clown

sysfixr said...

hello, nice blog. I know what you mean by *body language* etc, as I have worked with ppl from many places, but, as you say, it always works out in the end .. usually by inventing new words :)
Have yourself a great day!
ps if you'd like to see where I am, my url is http://sysfixr.dyndns.org
Peace

Anonymous said...

quite intriguing post free iPhone
tiestox 5231