Wednesday, November 15, 2006


(Note: this is to be read while listening to the accompanying track below)

With a little delay in posting, this past Sunday, after an impomptu Saturday night, I've decided to go for a coffee by the beach and meet with some dear friends of mine.
With a hang over reminding me of the night before along with a few hours of sleep, I headed to our meeting point. Influenced by the National Weather forecast which had predicted extremely low temperatures for this day, I covered up with multilayers of clothing, jackets, scarfs and what not. To my surprise, we ended up having our coffee (freshly squeezed fruit juice in my case, in a desperate effort to get some vital vitamins) on the outdoor section of the cafe, right by the water. The temperature must have been above 24 degrees, which under the sun, a scarf and a jacket become unbearable! Undressing quickly begins while I notice that there are also people who are actually swimming. No, I'm not talking about the regular winter swimmers, as these people were also sun bathing on their beach towels. Momentarily I thought I had some season identity crisis. Was this summer or late fall? Could it be that on the 12th of November, summer had forgotten to leave us? Am I to worry about Global Warming or was this simply a much needed oasis? I may never get an answer but there's one thing I know for sure. It was a "bright, bright sunshiny day"

0 Comments: