Monday, November 27, 2006

Season's change

Will someone please remind me of the date today? Or let me rephrase my question. What’s wrong with this image? :

I am having my morning coffee outside on my balcony, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, where the sun is shining, the birds are singing and a fly is constantly bothering me. And the date is? I mean don’t get me wrong, I am a natural born summer person, and I do enjoy the sun like a lizard but is this normal only a few days before December?
I may appear a little obsessed with the weather as I have published similar posts in the past, however allow me to remind you that I am located at 38°00′N 23°43′E and not 13°10′N 59°32′W although on a day like this it’s hard to take that in consideration.

Current outside temperature:

Temperature: 24.5 °C / 76.1 °F
Dew Point: 7 °C / 45 °F
Humidity: 43%
Wind: NW at 6.4 km/h / 4.0 mph
Pressure: 30.20 in / 1022.6 hPa
Hourly Precipitation: 0.00 in / 0 mm
Updated: 37 sec ago

Should the weather carry out like this, I’m guessing we’ll be singing Christmas carols in bathing suits.
If this phenomenon isn’t a warning of global warming then I don’t know what is. What concerns me most is that a lot of people don’t realize that things are far more serious than they can imagine. We don’t really need activists or documentaries to see what’s going on as the signs are right here, in front of us, on a daily basis.
And as scientists worry with their recent studies which have concluded that we are far behind in correcting the severe environmental damage that has been caused over the years and that catching up will be an extremely difficult task, governments sit and watch carelessly focusing only on local and global economy.
Should we destroy the planet; will there be any reasonable ground for economy at all? Was the Kyoto protocol a superficial treaty after all? Will it take more than Katrina or the South East Asia Tsunami to realize that humans will become an endangered species on a deteriorating planet?
And although I am conveniently taking advantage of this beautiful spring déjà vu on my balcony, there’s nothing I would enjoy better than enjoying my coffee relaxed, without any disturbing thoughts whatsoever.
Ps: above pictures have been taken on the spot while listening to the following song on my ipod.

4 Comments:

Konstantinos B said...

I hate Christmas so the weather is a nice excuse for me not to think about it. But they've already started decorating the center of Athens. Yiack.

Axis Mundi said...

I can agree with the tacky decorations (I'll write about it in the near future i'm sure) but come on, you can't really hate christmas!

Anonymous said...

Of course I can. Haven't you seen the Nightmare before Christmas? I was one of the 3 guys!

Axis Mundi said...

lol
I'm glad I have a celebrity visitor to my blog then ;)