Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Gone Festive! part 1


It is here! Yes it is! The holiday season has arrived, my favorite season of the year. Clichéd perhaps and I’m sure frequently repeated by almost everyone these days, so why would I be the exception of the rule? But do we all comprehend Christmas alike or does it have a different meaning for each one of us? Is it all about festivities, decorating Christmas trees, twinkling lights, snow-covered landscapes (where available), presents under the trees, the jingles, carols and other modern customs? Or is it more than that?
I will not neglect the above as I happen to follow it all, but I will put religion and tradition aside and say that it is far beyond that.
Christmas is to me, about giving, receiving and appreciating the warmth, the love and the rejoicing feeling altogether. It is also about expressing the child that’s well hidden within us, an innocent side we tend to forget and ignore the rest of the year mainly because of its vulnerability to coexist in our hardened, at times superficially, “protected” lives. A period in which we let out, we give in and we live in.
And if Christmas is believed to be associated with nativity then I will strongly support this conception and even reinforce it because I feel it is all about birth after all. Our birth, or better said, rebirth, as we all emancipate into jovial and hearty individuals during a period where hatred and sorrow are forgotten. If only this would apply for the rest of the year..
but enough with utopia, allow me to quantum leap back to a more tangible dimension..

Living up to the hype of the season, I have accordingly decorated both inside and outside the house, filled my iPod with my best Christmas tunes and am now ready to take off and enjoy the rest of the festivities to follow.
Have a merry one, everyone!

0 Comments: