Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Have you ever seen the rain?

Well it was about time. Today, (last night actually), was our first glimpse of winter or better said, Fall. I think that the weather has finally started to follow the right track considering we’re in practically in mid December. It’s been too long since it last rained which is rather unusual for this time of year, but things are starting to look up now. Many people are annoyed by the rain but I assure you I am not one of them. On the contrary, I love everything about it. The smell of the ground, the moist, the hazy shaded lighting, the sound of raindrops especially when they’re dancing with the wind, the humidity in every breath, the feeling of the liquid element throughout. And as I’m writing this I’m looking out the window while trying to choose a song that would best represent this moment but too many come to mind…
Guns n’ Roses, the Ramones, Gotan Project, Everly Brothers, Garbage, Terence Trent D’Arby, Phil Collins, Moby, Prince.. the list is endless.. but wait.. what better sound then the rain itself?
So for all of you, who aren’t around here, speaker’s volume up and enjoy:

2 Comments:

βλαχακι (το) said...

i love the rain
but the rain doesn't love me

Equilibrium said...

Rain washes down and out our most negative thoughts... That's why I love it..!