Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Friends

I was initially going to dedicate this post to last night but before I do that, I feel the urge to dedicate it to something far more important. Something which in my opinion, is the most important thing not to mention the most vital foundation of someone’s life.
Something that unfortunately some people tend to take for granted and give it importance only when it’s needed. Something that involves minimal effort to acquire but great effort to retain.

A little something called Friends. Yes friends. That carefully selected group of people that complete us, make us whole, content and secure. People whom without we are nothing. People that go much deeper within us rather than being superficial entities floating around. People we can rely upon as they would on us at any given moment, through good or bad times.
An exchange of personal dedication and a mutual and unconditional relationship based on the purest human values. And that’s my definition of friends and friendship not because I speculate it to be so, but because I live it and am fortunate enough to have them around me.
I may know a lot of people or better said, acquaintances, but only a few close ones are those that I truly consider to be friends. And because of them I am who I am. Through them I feel true, I feel free, I feel me.
Last but not least, I feel blessed, overwhelmed and very fortunate to have such people in my life.
To all of you (you all know who you are) I express my greatest gratitude for being in my life and making me feel the way I do.
Hopefully you already know that :-)
Just thought I'd share..
Cheers

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

H filia den ekfrazetai me logia, de zwgrafizetai, den tragoudietai. Kai an kaneis ena apo ta parapanw (h kai ola mazi), tha apotypwseis mono ena mikro pososto synaisthimatwn. Episis i filia einai kati pou prepei na syntiroun kai oi dyo symvallomenoi, na diepetai apo sevasmo, ektimisi kai vevaia, ygih thavmasmo gia ton/tin fili sou.Thewrw ton eafto mou fili sou kai molis periegrapsa ta synaisthimata mou gia sena. Alla opws eipa idi, ta apotypwnoyn se poly mikro pososto. Hope to enjoy the ride together.

Equilibrium said...

I've written a poem on Friendship... I 'll send it to u thru msn :)