Monday, October 16, 2006

Goodbye Sunday, bloody Sunday

What’s the best way to ruin your Sunday?
Elections.
What’s an ever better way to ruin your next Sunday?
Elections 2nd round..
While trying to maintain my political point of view as well as expressing my constitutional rights, I did exactly what every legal and conscious citizen would do, voting for the mayoral and prefectural elections. Despite the fact that I was misplaced in another voting station than my regular one, I was dispatched to yet another location where I finally casted my votes. It turns out, my vote, as well as all the others, weren’t sufficient in order to provide a secure and final winning result for our candidate mayor, so they’ve decided to go for yet another round of battling with the ballots.
It goes without saying that until today, there hasn’t been “one” candidate mayor that has convinced me (or even attempt) of being capable of actually investing his time and dedication in my town. So whether my political word will be heard or forever be silenced in these elections, I am certain of only one thing. Much ado about nothing, except for one more Sunday gone in vein.

0 Comments: