Sunday, September 09, 2007

Earth calling.. Red

“So when exactly will we see it? Are you sure we got the time right? Will it be really visible? Will it be as big or much smaller? Will it be red? Is it for real or just another hoax?”
And while I stood on the roof waiting.. and waiting.. and staring at the clear sky, there was no sign of it.
And so the messages begin:
“Do you see anything from your place?”
“No it’s cloudy here; I rarely see the full moon but let me check again”
“Do you think I should take pictures? Hold on I’ll try one with my mobile”
“Maybe we are too early, maybe we should wait a while longer”


"hey, wait a second, zoom on the picture! what is that on the left of the moon? it sure looks round and big and different! is my mind playing tricks on me? could it be.. it? the red one?"

And on the messages go but no affirmative response, no certainty.. and it’s definitely getting late..

We must have been one of the many who were actually expecting the rare sighting that night. But nothing there. No luck for us tonight. Mars wouldn’t attend to his rumored appearance.
Nor did he ever plan to.. in what appears to be a hoax going on since 2003 with a large amount of e-mails and articles going around..
Well done guys, you sure got me going.. but no hard feelings! One can never get enough of "summer night sky watching". Besides, it gave me something interesting to do on a nostalgic Sunday night. C u soon Red

1 Comment:

Equilibrium said...

I was one of those who like you had been waiting to see his Majesty "The Red rider of the sky"..

In vain! Rumours deceived us... coz human nature is prone to Dreams.

Going back to my own Dreamland. kisses!