Sunday, September 09, 2007

Just a summer day

This may have been one of the longest and hardest and warmest summers in history…. Yet I only got a small glimpse of it..
Nevertheless, I will not be nonchalant nor ungrateful because I still got my small share…
Small but much needed.

And nothing, absolutely nothing, will ever be able to replace those precious moments of sitting on the balcony by myself, doing nothing more than just gazing at the sea, morning, noon, night.. endlessly, lost in thoughts.. lost.. and carried away..

“Drinking the Corinthian sun
Reading the marble ruins
Striding over vineyard seas
Aiming with my harpoon
At votive fish that elude me
I found those leaves which the psalm of the sun memorizes
That living land which desire opens
With joy.
I drink water, cut fruit
Plunge my hand through the wind’s foliage
Lemon trees quicken the pollen of summer days
Green birds cut through my dreams
And I leave, my eyes filled
With a boundless gaze where the world becomes
Beautiful again from the beginning according to the heart’s measure.”

Drinking the Corinthian Sun by Odysseus Elytis

1 Comment:

Equilibrium said...

Is this your wn translation of "Drinking the Corinthian Sun" by Odysseus Elytis?
coz it's great!