Saturday, September 15, 2007

Elections? what about them


And while many focus on the upcoming elections these days, I’m afraid I’m left indifferent and apathetic this time around. Not towards politics in general (as some earlier posts will testify) bust mostly about what results will occur tomorrow evening.
I’ll be honest and tell you that I find better interest about the results of the Euro-basket than about which of the two “ruling” parties will take the throne. And the worst part is that I feel like I’ve been forced not to be interested. Like they intentionally made me lose any interest whatsoever by making it clear that no matter what happens my voice won’t be heard, and that they’ll provocatively carry on… doing what they do best… their own thing, regardless of anyone’s objection.
So perhaps they’ve achieved influencing me not to bother, not to contribute, not to participate, not to believe.. but I still have something in hand that they cannot touch. Hope. And this is how I’ll vote tomorrow.

1 Comment:

Equilibrium said...

Leave others say "hope dies last"

Hope never dies... it exceeds life and mind :)